Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Note from Becky...


Once again it has been an incredible day as you can see by our group entry.

I am going to keep this short tonight for two reasons....I am not a word person as most of you know AND I have been going to bed much later than I am used to and I actually have an opportunity to get to bed by 10:30 tonight if I keep it short!

I must comment on my new accomplishment though....I sat on a camel today :) I didn't get to actually ride him because there was a line of people who wanted to sit on him. Basically, you stand in line, get on the camel, he stands up, a friend (in my case Katy) takes your picture, the camel sits down, and you get off. The two men in charge of Mr. Camel try to make this a very fast process because at $5 a sit they want to get as many people on and off as they can.

For some reason when my Mr. Camel was told to sit down, he got half way down and the two men got distracted and I was stuck in the middle on Mr. Camel. It was pretty funny until the two men realized they were supposed to be getting me down and suddenly Mr. Camel sat down and startled me. Another fun adventure in Jerusalem!

Good Night and God Bless ~ Becky

P.S. Thanks to everyone for your prayers while we are on our trip. I want to assure all of you that we feel perfectly safe here. Wisam wouldn't let anything happen to us!

1 comment:

  1. Sure, I could comment on the photo of my mother on a camel....however, I would instead like to comment on the fact that she is rockin a SCARF...and I would like to think I planted the seed that got her to that level of fashion :) Something like, "I taught her that" sounds fitting! :)

    Love and miss you mom!

    ReplyDelete